Want To Save On Travel Costs In Australia? A Free Rental Car Is A Great Start!
These tips will help you make the most of your time and budget while you are here, with or without a rental car relocation!
- Couch Surfing/House Sitting:
- Couch Surfing is a great way to meet locals and see some of the lesser known activities that only true locals know about . Couch Surfing also offers you a cheap or free stay! Couch surfing is great for short periods of time however for a longer stay you should consider house sitting or even a house swap! In these situations you will have the house to yourself and for a longer period of time but you wont have the fantastic tour guide! If these options sound great to you then you check out Airbnb.com.au, LoveHomeSwap.com and MindAHome.com.au!
- Travel by Train:
- Australia is a huge country and this means that sometimes a train is a great opportunity to take a rest from the wheel and sit back, relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery!
- Buy AUD When the exchange rate is in your favor!
- The Australian Dollar fluctuates a lot! This is great for over seas visitors prepared to do a little preparation in the months coming up to their travel! By looking at basic trends (found here Finance.Yahoo.com) you will be able to take a guess as to when the best time to trade your local currency for Australian Dollars!
- Freedom Camping:
- Freedom camping is the ideal partner to rental car relocation! Partner a free rental with an equally free camping ground and you have yourself a great start to a budget friendly holiday! CampingAustralia.com.au is a great source for finding sites, be wary that often these sites will fill up quickly and sometimes close before dark.
- Airline Specials:
What other budget oriented tips do you have to share? Have you found these tips helpful? Share your thoughts in the comment section below!